The challenges local businesses face with local search, email, social media, online advertising, and other digital marketing strategies can be overwhelming!
You know you should be doing something more, but aren’t sure exactly what you should do. What digital marketing tactics really work and what are just a waste of your time, effort, and money?
Ask yourself these four questions
- How many customers aren’t finding my business because it’s not optimized for local search? (Hint: this is a LOT more than just Google)
- Does my email and social media strategy really drive my business or am I wasting my time and annoying my customers?
- Am I spending my digital marketing dollars the right way or can I make my marketing budget go further?
- How much money am I wasting on staff or marketing companies that aren’t effective … or worse yet, are actually harming my business?
That’s why we launched LMI
At Local Marketing Institute®, we have one goal … to equip you with digital marketing tactics that will:
- Attract more customers
- Build customer loyalty
- Grow your business
We won’t distract you with shiny objects, we won’t recommend questionable tactics that can damage your business in the long-run, and we won’t bog you down in the minutia. We focus you on practical, effective, and proven digital marketing strategies that will really move the needle on your business.
We have a passion for local businesses
Many of my friends and neighbors run local businesses right here in Northern Colorado where I live. My accountant, dentist, investment advisor, doctor, church, and the school where my kids go … they’re all local businesses. My neighbor runs a Hawaiian food restaurant in town and a friend operates several Freddy’s franchises. We love visiting the awesome kitchen, specialty food, and children’s stores in downtown Fort Collins and, of course, frequenting local microbreweries!
My expertise comes from 20 years as a digital media executive with multiple magazine and book companies. I’ve been in the trenches building digital marketing strategies and businesses for a long time. I’ve also taught digital marketing to the readers of many of those magazines … owners and operators of self-storage facilities, lawn care / landscaping companies, salons, restaurants, churches, hobby stores, and other local businesses.
Local businesses face the same challenges
“I don’t know enough about digital marketing”
This is what LMI is all about! Whether through our free daily tips and resources, or the How-To Guides and community of LMI University, we filter out the junk and misinformation for you, help you navigate a constantly changing digital world, and boil it all down to specific actions that you can take to grow your business.
“I don’t have enough time to do this”
Everything we give you is in plain English and most of it doesn’t require in-depth technical knowledge or a huge commitment of time.
But maybe you’d rather hire someone else to do it for you. It that case, it’s even more critical that you know what they should be doing for you! LMI can save you from wasting thousands of dollars on misguided or ineffective tactics.
“I don’t have enough marketing budget”
We don’t believe in just throwing money at your digital marketing challenges. Most of the strategies we recommend are free or very low cost.
And where you might need to spend some money, like pay-per-click advertising, we’ll show you how to get the most out of your ad spend and make your dollars go further.
We’ve got what your local business needs
A good local business digital marketing strategy is built on six building blocks:
- Local search
- Reputation management (review and ratings)
- Your website
- Email marketing
- Social media
- Online advertising (including pay-per-click)
We’ll show you examples, provide inspiration for your digital marketing efforts, and have a bit of fun along the way. Oh, and you can bet that we’ll be helping you think mobile for EVERYTHING.
What should you do next?
- Sign up for our FREE digital marketing tips … specifically designed for local businesses.
- Check our out FREE resources section. We’ll be adding new ebooks, checklists, webinars and other downloads all the time.
- Become a Local Marketing Institute VIP … get access to a ton of video training sessions, weekly Office Hours Q&A sessions, our private Facebook support group and a lot more.
The best is yet to come!
We’re incredibly excited about helping YOU succeed with your digital marketing efforts. We want to help you grow your business and can’t wait to hear back from you. Stay tuned!
Founder and CEO
Local Marketing Institute