About Local Marketing Institute
At Local Marketing Institute, we are 100% focused on teaching effective and ethical digital marketing tactics for LOCAL businesses. Our readers are companies that serve their customers face-to-face whether at their location or at their customer’s location.
Eric Shanfelt, LMI’s founder, has over 25 years of experience in digital marketing and media and has served as the Chief Digital Officer for several large B2B and consumer companies.
Local businesses and the agencies that serve them need to know what really works and what doesn’t when it comes to the ever-changing world of digital marketing … and they need to know that the tactics are ethical and trustworthy. To that end, we only allow the very best local marketers in the world as our writers and speakers and each is a well-respected expert in their field.
LMI covers all aspects digital marketing for local businesses including:
- Local search / SEO tactics
- Listing management (GMB, Apple Maps, Yelp, Bing, BBB, data providers, etc.)
- Reputation management (online reviews / ratings, spam management, etc.)
- Local business websites (WordPress, builders, search console, tagging, hosting, etc.)
- Messaging (email, automation, SMS, messenger, etc.)
- Social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Nextdoor, Pinterest, etc.)
- Digital advertising (Google, Facebook, Yelp, geofencing, digital billboards, etc.)
- Analytics (Google Analytics, call tracking, GMB Insights, dashboards, etc.)
- Loyalty programs, local business apps, booking / ordering systems, etc.
- Legal compliance (privacy, ADA, sweepstakes / contests, etc.)
- Multi-location management
Our audience is comprised of local businesses and the agencies that serve them. Local businesses can be small to medium-size businesses (SMBs), but can also be larger single-location businesses as well as national chains / franchises. The key is that all local businesses serve their customers face-to-face.
- Storefront businesses – restaurants, retail stores, salons, entertainment venues, medical / dental offices, banks, etc.
- Service area businesses – HVAC contractors, plumbers, lawn care / landscape, home repair, cleaning services, etc.
- Professional businesses – attorneys, accountants, real estate professionals, investment advisors, etc.
- Community services – schools, government offices, parks, churches, etc.
Get your message out to our audience of qualified local marketers through a direct email, website post and social media mention.