We know that many local businesses will run Facebook ads this holiday season. But before you spend more money, be sure to check out this article from AdEspresso. The article itself is good, but the real gem is at the end of the article: 6 Tips to Reduce Facebook Ad Cost.
Here are the tips that they recommend:
- Do split testing (of copy, images, target audiences)
- Keep an eye of frequency (don’t let your ad hit the same person too many times)
- Keep your ads new and fresh (don’t let your ad “burnout” … update it regularly)
- Choose your audience for each specific campaign
- Focus on one specific objective for each campaign
- Choose the right image to get the best results
You can read all the details in the full article at AdEspresso. Make sure to scroll down to the bottom of the page for the 6 tips!
What You Should Do About Facebook Ad Cost
At LMI, we’re big fans of Facebook local ads. They’re a great way to build your brand and acquire more customers cost-effectively. But you can always find ways to improve your ads and get more ROI out of your spend, so be sure to check out AdEspresso’s tips.
By the way, we’ve also been following the Facebook ad measuring problems. We believe that Facebook will fix these issues and get even better at reporting ROI to local businesses. But even with the issues, Facebook is still a great way to build lines out the door. Don’t let the stories scare you away from an excellent advertising platform!