Each week, Eric, Jason and Ben answer your questions on digital marketing for local businesses … local search engine optimization (SEO), Google My Business, social media, email marketing, websites, online advertising and more.
This Week’s Updates and Questions
- GMB Posts now available for chains / franchises via the API.
- New GMB posts being highlighted on maps with a red dot.
- How do you add Open Graph settings to a web page for social sharing?
- How does Google decide which business pins show on Google Maps?
- How does a business get a branded pin on Google Maps?
- What is a green business pin on Google Maps
- Does SEO suffer without an actual street address?
- What do I do with GMB if my business services the entire country?
- If you want to hide your address, should you hide your address on GMB and use a PO Box on listings where you can’t hide it?
- What is the best practice for GMB names after you change the name of a business?
- Where do service idea suggestions in my GMB account come from?
- Do I need a service to help me get listed on Apple Maps or Siri?
- Have you seen any success from using the Google My Business marketing kit?
- Will GMB data ever be included in Google Search Console?
- Are there any issues with doing GMB posts using tools like Hootsuite?
- Does the impact of GMB reviews decline after you get a certain number of them?
Links from This Week’s Session
- Facebook Sharing Debugger
- Twitter Card Validator
- LinkedIn Post Inspector
- Yoast Local SEO Plugin for WordPress
- Rankmath SEO Plugin for WordPress
- Apple Maps Connect
- Google My Business Marketing Kit
- Google Search Console
- Claire Carlisle’s Guide to UTM Tagging for GMB
- SchemaApp’s Guide to Local Business Schema Markup