Each week, Eric, Jason and Ben answer your questions on digital marketing for local businesses … local search engine optimization (SEO), Google My Business, social media, email marketing, websites, online advertising and more.
This Week’s Updates and Questions
- Google experimenting with only two business listings in search results instead of 3.
- Google promoting competitors when people “Request a Quote” from your GMB listing.
- How should you use <H1> tags, meta title / description tags and featured images on a website?
- Do customer reviews on other websites impact your Google rank?
- Can you report GMB violations (fake reviews, etc) anonymously?
- What is re-marketing advertising and why is it important?
- Should you use the same business description across multiple listings or tailor it for each location?
- Is signage all a home office needs to have a pin on Google maps?
- Are customer reviews as important as they used to be?
- Is it OK to add search terms to your business name on Google My Business?
- Can you block someone in GMB messages like you can in Facebook?
- How do you find a reputable, trustworthy SEO company?