This week’s guest is Tim Capper of Online Ownership. Tim joins Eric, Jason and Ben to answer your questions on local search, Google My Business and other digital marketing strategies for hotels. Although this session focuses on hotels, much of the information is relevant to any kind of business. And we also tackle a few other general questions about digital marketing for local businesses.
This Week’s Topics and Questions
- What’s happening right now with hotel marketing with the changes in COVID.
- Why you shouldn’t make Google My Business your entire local marketing strategy.
- Update on GMB bug where service area businesses showing up in the middle of the country.
- New process for claiming a business on GMB and how customers filter / sort reviews.
- Are GMB posts available for hotel listings?
- What is the difference between hotel GMB listings and why?
- How can a hotel update their business description on Google My Business?
- Wil Google start taking over functionality of other industries in Google My Business?
- What is Google Travel?
- Tips for ranking better on TripAdvisor.
- Does TripAdvisor work as well as it used to?
- Why don’t actual hotels websites show in a search like “Hotels in Colorado Springs”?
- Can you remove the booking links from a hotel Google My Business listing?
- Understand that your GMB listing is NOT yours.
- Should real estate listing be set up with both an address and service area listing?
- What tools do you use to set your geolocation when doing a search in Google?
- Should you rename your business to better show up in a local search?
- Tips for ranking on Microsoft Bing