This week our guest is SEO legend, Mark Traphagan, of seoClarity. Mark joins Eric, Jason and Ben to answer your questions on digital marketing for local businesses … local search engine optimization (SEO), Google My Business, social media, email marketing, websites, online advertising and more.
This Week’s Updates and Questions
- How search is becoming more visual instead of textual.
- Thousands of different search results pages depending on the type of search.
- What are passages and how do they work in a Google search?
- Why search visibility share is more important than search ranking position.
- Why search actions (website links, calls, etc.) are more important than rank or visibility.
- How a local business can capture more search visibility.
- How to use “People also ask” and “Related searches” to figure out what your customers are looking for.
- How a local business can get a featured snippet (search position 0) in a Google search.
- How Google Trends can be used to figure out what your customers are looking for.
- Problem with Google Maps app on Android showing street view of service area businesses.
- Problem with Google My Business Posts getting rejected when they shouldn’t be.
- Problem with people finding and replying to reviews on Google My Business.
- Are links to my website from small blog websites bad links? Should I deny them?
- How do you find who’s linking to your site and if it’s a good or bad link?
- Is Google Page Rank dead?