This week’s guest is Barry Schwartz, Founder of Search Engine Roundtable, contributing editor for Search Engine Land and CEO of Rusty Brick. Barry is an icon in local search / SEO and joins Ben Fisher, Jason Brown and me to answer digital marketing questions for local businesses.
- Click here to submit a question for a future session
- Click here to attend a future live session on Zoom
Questions Covered in This Week’s Session
- New Google search results layout
- New process for flagging reviews in Google My Business
- Does Google actually take action on flagged reviews?
- Is buying fake reviews a good move for GMB?
- Can I post reviews on my website to Google My Business?
- Are Facebook business pages worthwhile?
- What should I do with a GMB listing if I temporarily cannot use my office?
- Does AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) help me rank in local search?
- Is there a benefit to tagging reviews on my website with schema markup?
- What are Core Web Vitals and how do they impact a local business?
- The importance of May 2021 and March 2021 for local search
- Why are old posts showing up in my Google My Business listing?
- How does Google determine if a review is fake?
- What should a school do if a bunch of students are leaving bad reviews?
- How do I handle a competitor who keeps spamming keywords in their business name?