Each week, Greg and Ben answer your questions on digital marketing for local businesses … local search engine optimization (SEO), Google Business Profile, social media, email marketing, websites, online advertising and more.
This Week’s Updates and Questions
- Google sends notifications to Google Business Profiles on reviews and suspensions.
- Verification bug for new GBPs.
- Google launches a “small business” attribute.
- Google adds new “activities” section to GBP.
- If a reinstatement email comes in a no-reply email, what should I do next?
- Does Google allow emojis to be used in reviews?
- What does it mean if Google gives me all three verification options?
- How can I reclaim an old GBP if I’ve forgotten the email?
- Can I verify a GBP before the location is built?
- What are verification options other than video verification?
- What should I do if Google won’t remove a negative review from a competitor?
- Does it matter the order in which additional categories are added to a GBP?
- If an address has had issues with fake GBPs in the past, will that affect verification for the current legitimate account?
- Should I add service areas to my GBP?
- Why is the chat button appearing on my GBP when I don’t have chat turned on?
- What should I do if I don’t have access to my Service Area Business account?