Each week, Greg and Ben answer your questions on digital marketing for local businesses … local search engine optimization (SEO), Google Business Profile, social media, email marketing, websites, online advertising and more.
This Week’s Updates and Questions
- Rumors of ranking coming back from algo update.
- New GBP appointment links.
- How do you change the address on an SAB profile?
- Could a husband and wife owned business be considered women owned?
- We’ve uncovered some 3rd party services attempting to verify our GBP listing at our call center. How do you deal with these calls?
- GBP brings back chat/phone support.
- What local SEO tools and services should I subscribe to?
- If you have an official name with a DBA name in parentheses on your GBP, does this affect ranking?
- Does having too many categories dilute your ranking?
- Are links still essential these days?
- How do I change the pin location for my address on Google Maps?
- Are local citation aggregators worth getting?
- Can a significant name change be done on a listing without causing any problems?
- What do you do if Google does not delete fake business listings?
- Google keeps removing attributes from my GBP – should I submit a support ticket, or go to the forums?
- Does changing categories on your GBP based on what customers look for seasonally have any adverse problems?
- What are your feelings about having a BBB approved business regarding link value and trust factor?