Each week, Greg and Ben answer your questions on digital marketing for local businesses … local search engine optimization (SEO), Google Business Profile, social media, email marketing, websites, online advertising and more.
This Week’s Updates and Questions
- Follow button and welcome offer has been deprecated.
- What are some alternatives to Yext?
- Google says my posts and pictures are violating guidelines and automatically rejects them even after I’ve made changes – what can I do?
- What type of pictures do you recommend for doctors?
- What are the GBP spam instances where it’s too much trouble to pursue and is unlikely to be actioned by Google?
- Is it possible to change mobile friendliness or the speed of a GBP listing?
- Is there anything on your website schema that would change information on your GBP?
- Should I delete old pictures on my GBP after moving locations?
- Could you give more details and examples of GBP posts to stand out from the crowd?
- What are some other SEO groups you would recommend?
- How does Google handle proximity for statewide map packs?
- Do press release statements help backlinks?
- Does using GBP chats and business messaging help with rankings?
- I have a suspended GBP that was never verified – I set up a new one, but the correct one doesn’t show up. What should I do?
- How do agencies keep up with Q&As?
- I am finding lots of PO box GBP listings – when I go to suggest an edit, what do I pick?
- Do pictures in GBP help with ranking in maps?
- How problematic is it to rename your law firm in GBP?