Each week, Greg and Ben answer your questions on digital marketing for local businesses … local search engine optimization (SEO), Google Business Profile, social media, email marketing, websites, online advertising and more.
This Week’s Updates and Questions
- Local Service Ads testing new layouts.
- All profiles can now be viewed in web search results.
- Google testing captions on business photos.
- Local Service Ads tests to allow you to exclude areas.
- Does a 360 tour help in local and organic rankings?
- Why is Google pausing my Local Service Ads?
- Does pausing ads for a short period of time affect the amount of leads I get?
- What information should I include on schema markup for SAB?
- What should I do if I can’t add a website or phone number to my GBP?
- If I am planning on expanding my services, is it better to add them to my existing GBP or create an additional one?
- What should I do if I can’t get to the GBP dashboard even with multiple listings?
- If I come to the community with a question is there a way to reach someone directly?
- How should I respond to bad reviews?
- Are former employees allowed to leave negative GBP reviews?
- Is it normal for businesses to ask you for additional information about your experience in your review?
- I changed my address and got suspended – what should I do?
- Can I link to a page with a bad ssl warning?
- I have a new GBP and my reviews aren’t showing – what should I do?
- If the GBP dashboard is still available for GBPs with multiple listings, is it the same for agency accounts?
- Is uploading videos from YouTube to your GBP now considered spam?
- If someone leaves a one star review on GBP with no comment, are they technically untouchable?
- What should I do if I haven’t received my address verification postcard even after trying multiple times?
- Should I use UTM tracking in GBPM for more accurate information?
- Does using ISearchFrom or other search tools change your ranking?
Links from This Week’s Session
- New layouts for Local Service Ads
- Google adds “View All Business Profiles” to web search results
- Google testing captions on business photos