Each week, Greg and Ben answer your questions on digital marketing for local businesses … local search engine optimization (SEO), Google Business Profile, social media, email marketing, websites, online advertising and more.
This Week’s Updates and Questions
- LocalU conference highlights.
- New terminology for discussing missing review bugs.
- Duplicate content in posts now falls under spam.
- Local Service Ad Spam issues.
- My GBP has been disabled because of address issues – what should I do before requesting a reinstatement?
- What should I do if a service appears under a different business’s name at another address?
- How should I deal with spam locations when Google won’t do anything about it?
- Should I have separate websites for different locations, when one location offers less services?
- How do I block crawler sites and ghosts spam sites from messing up tracking dashboards?
- What are some budgeting tips for link building?
- Links to my website on GBP have disappeared – is this a bug?
- What is the best practice for dealing with clients who only provide stock photos?
- Since the GBP Dashboard is gone for accounts with only 1 business, when a 2nd business is verified, does the dashboard come back?
- I want my homepage to target law firms, but I also do web-design for other verticals – how do I optimize for both?
- Should I reply to 1 star reviews with no content that appear to be spam?
- How do I set realistic expectations for a client who is expecting me to remove reviews that look like genuine grievances from their customers?
- Why can some restaurants add “Products” and some can’t?
- I was a Google Local Guide who was recently banned. How do I get reinstated?
- How do I deal with a competitor that has three companies at the same location in the same suite?
Links from This Week’s Questions
- Local SEO conference tips
- New terminology for review bugs
- Duplicate content in posts now considered spam article