Each week, Eric, Greg and Ben answer your questions on digital marketing for local businesses … local search engine optimization (SEO), Google My Business, social media, email marketing, websites, online advertising and more.
This Week’s Updates and Questions
- Google My Business (GMB) is now Google Business Profile (GBP) with new features.
- Hotel posts are here to stay.
- Google’s local algorithm update.
- New and ongoing problems with GMB/GBP.
- Changes to GMB/GBP video verification process.
- How long do GMB/GBP posts stay before Google deletes them?
- Why are so many businesses reporting suspensions?
- If a business manages only a few GMB/GBP profiles, will they still be able to use the Dashboard?
- Do reviews help in ranking in Google Map Pack?
- Is there a difference for GMB/GBP posts to remain active between posts made from desktop versus mobile?
- With the iOS privacy changes I am struggling to get successful audience size for local home service businesses on Facebook – what do you suggest?
- Listing submitted as an example of name spam.
- When working with clients do you charge for setting up LSA ads or make it part of an overall package?
- A local service business has expanded into a franchise – how should they optimize the redesigned website for SEO without hurting current rankings?
- If GMB/GBP optimization has been done, does adding backlinks to your GMB/GBP profile affect your ranking? If so, how much?
- Is there an easy way to report competitors who are name spamming in their GMB/GBP?
- Do you adjust pricing for non-profits?