There are now 65 million local business Facebook pages. That’s a lot of competition, but most pages aren’t well-optimized. That’s how you can stand out!
If 65 million sounds like a huge number, that’s because it is. According to Facebook, there are also over 4 million local businesses actively using Facebook ads.
But keep in mind that these numbers represent the entire world, not just the United States. The last I saw on Dunn & Bradstreet, there were about 19 million local businesses in the U.S. and I’m sure not all of them have a Facebook page.
Nonetheless, there are still millions of local businesses here in the U.S. who have setup a page for themselves on Facebook. Unfortunately, as I look at many of these pages, I see local businesses making very common mistakes. Most simply aren’t setup well to attract customers and build repeat business.
Ask Yourself These Questions About Your Local Business Facebook Page
- Have I optimized the business information on my page to best show up in Facebook searches and give potential customers what they’re really looking for?
- Have I optimized my cover photo and profile picture to look good not only on desktops, but in the mobile app where most Facebook users live?
- Have I customized the tabs and call-to-action button on my page to best engage potential customers and get them to contact or visit me?
- Have I verified my Facebook page so that my pages shows up higher in Facebook search results and gives potential customers more confidence that my business is legitimate?
- Have I setup my messaging preferences the right way so that customers know how to contact me, can easily do so, and so that I’ll know when they contact me in order to respond?
If you answered no to any of these questions … or don’t know … then you’re not getting the best business benefit that you can from your local business Facebook page.
But the good news is that you can fix your Facebook page without spending a ton of time or money! We recently made a free, downloadable checklist that you can use to optimize your Facebook page.
Download it here and then please leave me a comment below with your thoughts, questions and suggestions. Enjoy!